What’s the problem, babuh?
Too many of us are overweight, undernourished, overmedicated, under exercised, overly busy and under slept – all of which cause disease, death, soaring medical expenses and pollution of our environment.
What’s the solution, babuh?
Dr. Elvis says, “Always consult your physician first, but I bet I ain’t wrong, babuh!”
- Decrease the quantity of what you eat and increase the quality of what you eat:
1. Eliminate bad fats, meat, dairy, processed food and beverages (anything with processed sugar)
2. Increase fruit, vegetable, grain, legume and water intake.
3. Eat healthy portions
- Exercise regularly – Everybody needs regular exercise of these three types:
2. Strength training
3. Balance & flexibility (dance, tai chi, yoga, pilates, martial arts, etc.).
- Get enough sleep – Not getting enough sleep won’t just make you tired and cranky, it can hurt and even kill you.
- Balance your life - Most people are “busy” but not balanced. These four areas are time tested and mother approved:
1. Read more
2. Maintain an intense interest in the world around you
3. Maintain positive engagement with other people
4. Pursue peace, quiet and solitude – Down time is just as beneficial and yes, productive as up time.
- Discontinue all unnecessary medications – Medications are hard on our bodies and end up in our watersheds where they harm wildlife, the environment and us. Good diet, exercise, sleep and a well-balanced life can cure and help prevent most sickness and disease and thus eliminate the need for many if not all medications.
Where can I get more info, babuh?
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Obesity & Overweight)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Physical Activity)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Sleep & Sleep Disorders)
- Web MD: Drugs in Our Drinking Water?
Got other great Web links? Send me an email, man, and I’ll get ‘em posted (provided I like what you send me, of course).