What’s the problem, babuh?
All species (including us!) are endangered because the human population is too large, and we’re living beyond our means. We’re basically breeding ourselves to extinction.
What’s the solution, babuh?
- Practice a two-child limit – Have only enough kids to replace yourselves.
- Adopt – There are plenty of kids already born who need a good home.
- Support universal family planning – Family planning is a basic human right. Every person has a right to comprehensive sex education, contraception and health services.
- Support gender equality – Women deserve the same rights as men economically, politically and socially.
- Support education of females in third-world countries – Education improves the health and well-being of entire families and communities because females institute what they’ve learned in their lives and homes.
Where can I learn more, babuh?
- Population Connection
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
Got other great Web links? Send me an email, man, and I’ll get ‘em posted (provided I like what you send me, of course).