What’s the problem, babuh?
Our economy – based on perpetual growth and consumption – is in complete opposition to a healthy human race and environment. It’s a dead end with a bad end.
What’s the solution, babuh?
- Buy green products and services – Buy local, buy free-trade, buy used, buy “green” (read up on “green washing” so you don’t get duped).
- Make socially responsible investments - Socially responsible investing (SRI), also known as sustainable, socially conscious, “green” or ethical investing, is any investment strategy which seeks to consider financial return, social good, and environmental sustainability.
- Support a steady state economy - A steady state economy is an economy with stable or mildly fluctuating levels in population and consumption of energy and materials that does not exceed ecological limits.
- Donate money to organizations whose mission is to preserve the earth - Caution! There’s a lot of these out there. Do your homework first. Verify where your money is going.
Where can I learn more, babuh?
- Center for the Advancement of A Steady State Economy
- First Affirmative Financial Network
- GreenMoney Journal
- National Green Pages
Got other great Web links? Send me an email, man, and I’ll get ‘em posted (provided I like what you send me, of course).