What’s the problem, babuh?
Our leaders currently pay lip service to environmental sustainability. How can you be a good leader and ignore the most important issue facing humanity? We need our leaders to make environmental sustainability the top priority for every country, state, county, city, company, and organization - from presidents and CEOs on down to neighborhood and church leaders.
What’s the solution, babuh?
- Vote – Register to vote and vote for political leaders, policies and laws which are pro-environmental sustainability.
- Require a sustainability position - Ask anyone being nominated/elected/appointed/chosen to lead a group what their position is on sustainability, and what they would do as you leader to implement sustainable initiatives. Hold them to it.
- Staff and plan it - Make sure that your entity (public, private, or otherwise) has a sustainability coordinator, a green team, and sustainable strategies and policies that are implemented.
Where can I learn more, babuh?
- Green Project Management by Richard Maltzman (book)
- Green to Gold: How Smart Companies Use Environmental Strategy to Innovate, Create Value, and Build Competitive Advantage by Daniel C. Esty& Andrew S. Winston (book)
- Rock The Vote
- State of Kansas Office of The Secretary of State
- State of Missouri Office of The Secretary of State
- Strategies for the Green Economy: Opportunities and Challenges in the New World of Business by Joel Makower, Cara Pike (book)
Got other great Web links? Send me an email, man, and I’ll get ‘em posted (provided I like what you send me, of course).